Saturday, February 13, 2010

New old painting

I just received a painting back from a couple with a large family who would like me to try and sell it for them. They are in a financial challenge right now and I would like to help them. This painting is about 10 years old. It was one of the first small, detailed paintings I did. It's strange to see something from so long ago. It is a bit looser than the current small pieces I do, but it is still a nice painting. It is of the beach on the east coast of Florida, somewhere between New Smyrna and Cocoa. If interested, please let me know. It is oil on wood, 6 3/4 x 6 3/4. I am asking $1500 or best offer. All money will go to the family.

10 comments:

  1. What a wonderful thing for you to do and the painting is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This painting is gorgeous; I bet it sells quickly. It's great to see how your painting has evolved over the years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your a modern day Frederick Church, i'm so pleased to have found your work, very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. .. what a comment. Thanks so much

    Matthew

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah Matt, you continue to rock the art scene with these incredibly sensitive works that in their traditional realism find their place in the modern contempory. How? I don't know but they do. They just do. That "Laguna" piece is just far and beyond! Keep it up. -Peter P.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Matthew, it's clear that you mentally make love to the canvas. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely incredible!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Solo es comparabe a Antonio López pintor hiperrealista español.

    ReplyDelete