Saturday, June 25, 2011

The Unconquerable Sea


Well, here is another painting of the sea from Nantucket. 22"x 33". The ocean can be so many things, but one thing for sure it should be, is respected. It is an indomitable force that cannot be contained. The sea will do whatever it wants and we must abide by it's wishes. Woe unto the man who is arrogant and prideful who thinks this not. I have so many dreams in which I am standing on the edge of the sea and the waves crash at my feet, slowly getting higher and higher, until they overtake me. I am swept away by the sheer power and relentless surge of the water and I am terrified, yet equally calmed by and in awe of, it's beauty.

2 comments:

  1. i cannot stop staring . this is amazing

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure it's been sold long ago, but I am mesmerized... Simply drawn

    ReplyDelete